Care & Maintenance
VIBRANT LUXURY VINYL FLOORING CARE AND MAINTENANCE
You can protect your Luxury Vinyl Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Use a doormat outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt, and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor. Use non-staining mats on your floor.
- To minimize potential staining from asphalt tracking, we suggest you use a latex-based driveway sealer.
- Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings, including resilient floors, to fade or discolor.
- Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least one inch in diameter, made of non-pigmented, hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable.
- Casters with a minimum 3/4" flat surface width or floor protectors are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any metal protectors are rust-proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.
- If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances, such as your refrigerator, across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor.
- Always use runways even if you have an appliance dolly, or even if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers.
Initial Maintenance (within 24 hours of installation)
- Keep traffic light during the first 24 hours so adhesive can dry properly (if adhesive was used)
- If the floor has been seamed, avoid stepping on the seam sealer for 24 hours so it can dry undisturbed
- Avoid scrubbing or washing floor for at least three days after installation.
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances across the floor, always use wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor.
Routine Maintenance (daily/weekly as needed)
- Sweep your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose dirt.
- Prevent stains by wiping spills promptly.
- Occasional stripping and reapplication of polish may be necessary. This may also be necessary for excessive dirt and grime build-up.